A Christmas Message
By Naomi Corera, December 20, 2020
Hello Friends and Co/sponsors
As the year comes to an end of this tumultuous 2020 with so many fears…Our Mighty God, thankfully, has brought us to the end… For that CWE and I want to give thanks to YOU… for you only have just a small idea of the great Joy you have brought to so many children and families.
Your generous $$ have been always thoughtfully and wisely and most importantly frugally spent…often being the stimulus support for many families who depended on us.
Today as I write one of our students in grade 5 met with a very serious motorcycle accident and was rushed to the capital 5 hours away in an ambulance, for bleeding in the brain. Once again having the cash, CWE was able to help the widowed mother with her son.
HIGHLIGHTS. of what was achieved with your $$
* WATER TANKS …. before, there was no such thing as washing hands after the use of pit latrines
* for Holy Spirit School, Good Shepherd School, and for Teachers’ Quarters
* NEW MONSTRANCE
* NEW TOILETS. for Holy Spirit School
* NEW Individual desks and chairs to keep the social distance and not sitting together in crowded benches.
* NEW 4 HOUSES … QUARTERS FOR TEACHERS… who otherwise lived-in slum conditions… now have their own toilets and kitchen. The envy of others!
* ST. PAUL’S TECHNICAL SCHOOL FOR THE YOUTH…SALARIES FOR TEACHERS.
Students who are not able to pay school fees yet yearn to learn a trade. Students built all the welding projects for the schools and teacher’s quarters.
* GATE AND FENCE FOR THE SISTERS OF THE SERVANTS OF MARY.
* GATE AND FENCE FOR HOLY SPIRIT SCHOOL.
* MAINTAINING FATHERLESS FAMILIES.
* GIVING EMPLOYMENT TO MANY WORKERS…During shutdown.
* SPONSORING 3 SEMINARIANS IN MAJOR SEMINARY IN ARUA DIOCESE AND FORT PORTAL DIOCESE.
* EVANGELIZING children and families during lockdown. Still ongoing.
* ST. JOSEPH’S MEN’S GROUP.
* RENOVATION OF A SMALL SECTION OF HEALTH FACILITY
* TRANSPORT FOR BROTHERS to minister to the elderly and shut ins… with a motor bike.
* COMPLETION of St. Joseph church
* CONSTRUCTION of Holy Family Shrine
But most of all upgrading and uplifting the poor and needy who live in harsh conditions added on by the economic effects of corona living surrounded by other diseases. Corona has not been able to diminish them. We thank God for that. Sometimes I wonder why… why has God Blessed us so abundantly and others almost forgotten by Him. Then I pause and remember
Mother Teresa’s words… ” The Poor Will Always Be with Us” Poverty can never be eradicated completely. But as long as we have so much to give and share with them. We help to lighten their load and bring the LIGHT of Christ to them.
YOU AND CWE HAVE DONE JUST THAT!! AND THATS THE BEST UNWRAPPED CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO ALL! THAT’S THE GIFT OF JOY YOU HAVE RECEIVED FROM THEM TO YOU!!
Now smile and Joyfully CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF CHRIST!!
With lots of love, Remembering you all each day in my Rosary and intentions.