This Christmas, Give to Change Lives
By Naomi Corera, November 30, 2015
As we prepare for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ and the re-acceptance of Jesus into our hearts as the center of our lives, we have opportunities to be self-giving for our neighbors at home and abroad. This Christmas, consider giving towards or asking for specific ways to help the children who are waiting everywhere, particularly our brothers and sisters in Kenya and Uganda. Here are some of the items that would be life-changing for families and students. Would you consider being more selfless this Christmas and giving one of these items?
- One day-old chick plus feed for seven months, when the chicken will be mature and laying eggs ($5)
- One month of primary school ($20)
- One month of high school ($50)
- One month for a high school student’s tuition and boarding fees ($60)
- One goat ($100)
- One pig ($100)
- A new Singer sewing machine to help mothers do business to pay their own school fees for their children ($100)
- A new laptop for a university student in Kenya or Uganda ($250)
- One year for a high school student’s tuition and boarding fees ($600)
- One dairy cow and a calf ($1,000)
- One term for a university student’s tuition ($1,000)
- One month for all of the salaries for the 25 teachers at John Patrick High School in Kamwenge district, Uganda ($1,000)
You can make a gift today through the PayPal Donate button below and specify how you would like the gift used in the comments section. You can also mail checks to “Children Waiting Everywhere” at 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr., PO Box 416, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, and specify how you would like the gift used in the memo line. Children Waiting Everywhere is a 100% volunteer organization, so your contribution is maximized to help the children and families we support in Kenya, Uganda, and Sri Lanka. CWE registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and contributions are tax deductible.
Thank you so much for your generosity!